Anybody know any good budget friendly AMD Ryzen CPU's?

Looking for a budget friendly gaming CPU for my laptop to replace an Intel Celeron 2Core N3350 ( that only goes up to 2.4GHz) and from what I've heard, AMD is dominating Intel for wallet friendly options.

Update:

Also the memory is 8GB while the HDD is 1TB.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Ryzen are the most expensive CPUs.

there are no decent cheap CPUs, especially if you plan on gaming.

• Fulano
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Just to try to help you understand some of the things you've got wrong:

Laptops require a CPU socket to be removable, very few laptops have a CPU socket, usually the CPU is attached directly to the motherboard and isn't worth the cost to change it.

Even if you can change the CPU, motherboards only support a few CPUs, and certainly not CPUs of a different brand.

GHz isn't a measure of CPU processing performance. The processor's architecture is what's going to determine how fast it can process information, and the easiest way to compare that is with benchmarks.

• Edward
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Processors or cpus in laptops are for the most part unless your laptop is a customized one is soldiered on and cannot be removed. Even if it could, your motherboard is first of all not an amd motherboard so it cannot use a Ryzen CPU and your motherboard is extremely old and your hardware in your pc is so bad that even if you could get a Ryzen, you might as well buy a laptop with a Ryzen built into it as it would be 1000x better than this pc.

• 4 weeks ago

I feel like you are trolling since who doesn't know you can't swap out an intel cpu for an amd cpu without also changing the motherboard, which basically makes this impossible for laptops where even if you got a motherboard that fit, it would financially unwise to go that route.

• SBR32277
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

I wasn't trying to be rude and it is always okay to ask, but sometimes people come on here trolling and knowing you can't mix amd and intel processors is one of the first things people learn when attempting to build or replace parts. If you are legit, that is fine asking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • YKhan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Here's a list of Ryzen-powered laptops.

Ryzen™ Powered Computers | Desktops and Laptops | AMD

https://www.amd.com/en/where-to-buy/ryzen-systems

• 4 weeks ago

cpus in laptops are generally not replaceable.

• Judging from your question

you might not be aware

that you cannot replace your Intel laptop CPU with an AMD CPU.

In fact

you probably can't replace your laptop CPU at all.

You'll definitely have to replace the entire laptop if you want to switch to an AMD CPU.

• Damn. One would think you could just unscrew the bottom and take out the motherboard and access the CPU from there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.