Will an electric razor work better for me?

Hi. I have been using a manual razor for almost 10 years and it has been a horrible experience. I have been using Gillette razors which were up to around £20. I also used disposable razors before that which had very similar results.

With a manual razor, if the razor is new, I will bleed. Thats just fact. After 2 or 3 uses, I don’t bleed anymore but I still get frequent razor bumps. Sometimes when I’m shaving my moustache, the whole area goes really red and always when I shave my beard, the skin gets really dry. The razor bumps very occasionally becomes permanent scars on my FACE. And I want to shave my whole body, but the idea of using a manual razor to shave my body... That would take ATLEAST 3 hours EVERY DAY!!!

I don’t use water or foam when I shave. 1. I did try foam once and I used to use water but I don’t see any difference. The negative effects are still the same just worse because they make my razor dull much quicker. 2. it causes a sticky mess that I have to wash. 3. it makes the shaving process take double as long when using foam.

I don’t replace my blade like ever because the negatives of a new blade outweigh the positives in my opinion.

So yee. I’m planning on saving up for an electric razor with a budget of £250 - £400 to shave whole body every day or 2. Will this make a big improvement on the quality of my shaves?

Solo Razor is a good razor for like 20 bucks

Yes, an electric razor is much less likely to cause cuts or bumps (but the cheaper ones still can do so).

Note that an electric razor will typically NOT give you as close a shave as a razor. This can be important on dates!

I think it odd that you do not use foam (shaving cream). A big part of the foam is to provide lubrication for the razor so that your face is not cut.

You might want to try the razor again using shaving cream.

The safe/easy/lazy way is an electric razor. Even after becoming an expert with a regular (safety) razor (and using shaving cream) you're still going to cut yourself on occasion.

• ..

Maybe you were not using the razor in the best way. You need to use straight strokes and stretch the skin; twisting it causes cuts.....

Buy a cheapish electric razor, see how it works for you.

I have had 2... My 1st one, a Philips, is better than the 2nd - a Panasonic (ES -RT47), which was more expensive, noisy and I have to keep going over the same areas.

The main thing that I want to avoid with a new razor is razor bumps. My second priority is how long it takes to shave.

I use Gillete Fusion and I never bleed. I have very thick dark hair too. closest shave u can get from a razor.

I used to be a bleeder too.

If you must get an electric one then get a rotary from the Philips range, preferably washable.

But don't waste hundreds on it. Try one of these for a few months - you may not actually need anything else:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6219534

Remember, if you have sensitive skin you have to take your time and use them with a relatively light touch.