Is it only British people who have a full English breakfast?

Are there other countries that do it? How about Canada???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • james
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No Bogarts have them here in the Philippines. Full English breakfast or, American, Australian, German. & fine sour dough bread & strong coffee. Kind of a early morning place for expats to be seen. As they open before daylight.

• 4 weeks ago

The Scots, Welsh, and Irish have similar breakfasts.

Canadians will eat beans for breakfast, but,not as commonly as in the UK. Canadians are far more likely to have pancakes, with real maple syrup, of course. Some in Canada will make pretty big breakfasts though, with names like a "Lumberjack breakfast."

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Pretty much, yes.

In the US, we would never have beans for breakfast. Bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, yes. But not the rest of the full English.

• 4 weeks ago

First, a "full English breakfast" is something specific:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-is-a-full-break...

I have been all over the world except for South America and a "full breakfast" is only the norm in British culture type places. That obviously includes the UK, plus Canada, Ireland, and the USA. Hotels that cater to Americans/British/Canadians/etc. also tend to offer a full breakfast, even if they are in a country where breakfast is just pastry or bread and coffee. .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_breakfast

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I've seen a Full English on the menu in many Canadian establishments (although they tend to replace the back bacon with their own Canadian variety).

• liam4 weeks agoReport

Thats funny as I use Canadian Maple bacon (=

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The English breakfast is something specific to England. there are different breakfasts specific to Northern Ireland call the Ulster fry , Scotland and Wales also have their own specific breakfasts..... any place in any country could offer any one of the British breakfasts and many do often as they are themed pups/restaurants ...I have seen Ulster Frys advertised or Full English however they never are the same as when you purchase them in the right country in the UK

• 4 weeks ago

English, Canadians, Americans, French, Italians, etc, all have different traditions for breakfast & different typical foods, etc.

• 4 weeks ago

There's a Full Scottish Breakfast, a Full Welsh Breakfast and the Ulster Fry, all variations, with the English version, on a Full British!

What Johnny Foreigner has for breakfast is of no concern to us!

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I wish America did. I've seen some pictures on here and they look delicious!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It is not so common now in UK as in the past. The only time my family would have it, is when staying in hotels.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.