jhon asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 4 weeks ago

what does a funeral insurance cover?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Funeral insurance will cover all the expenses needed for cremation depending on the funeral plan you have chosen. This policy helps to give financial support to the family when an insured passed away.

• 3 weeks ago

It pays out a lump sum on the death of the insured person.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It usually just pays you a flat amount

What you actually do with money is your busines

• Flower
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The burial, services, grounds care of the site. You have to buy a head stone and a plot separately and also transportation to the cemetery. You can also contact a mortuary, some of them own cemeteries, and get a better price, and ask for a payment plan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Whatever the contract says it does

• 4 weeks ago

You pay a small amount each month and then they might pay your family the cost of the funeral although they will go through it with a fine tooth comb to find an excuse not to pay. You are better off with a pre paid funeral, it will be a higher monthly cost but you finish paying after a number of years, you don't finish paying insurance until you die if you want it to be valid and then they might find an excuse not to pay anyway. With a pre paid plan they will pay no matter what and even if you die after costs go up it's the same cost for you.

• 4 weeks ago

It covers the cost of funeral and burial services, along with expenses like placing an obituary in the paper. Your best bet would be to assess exactly what you want in advance, make a clear declaration of that in your will so there's no confusion for your family, and then speak to an insurer to make arrangements. Of course you need to account for inflation, especially if you're young, but policies range from roughly $5k to $25k.

The good thing is that generally the monthly payments are stupid low, but you need to be a certain age before they'll sell it to you. Different states set different rules, with New York being the strictest by setting it to age 50 (I know because I live there).

• 4 weeks ago

I'm gonna do on the streets telling him to me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.