Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Will running 5 miles a day 5 times a week help me lose weight? Along with using the sauna and dieting?

I had a almost fatal car accident last year that left me unable to walk for about 5 months and in that time period, with all the meds and food i gained about 45lbs , i went from 230 to 275lbs. Now since about March my lower body is about 85% back to normal and i have been given the ok to perform regular exercise. So my question is will running 5 miles a day 5 times a week help me lose weight? I know dieting is a huge part aswell but just want to know realistically how long will it take to get down to 230lbs again because all  my clothes fit too tight obviously but yeah. Im a beginner at this since the last time i ever exercised was back in my highschool days in 2015 when i use to play baseball so any tips would be helpful, ive been told to do mostly cardio because my lower body suffered a lot since i was unable to walk for about 5 months.

Change up your diet, low carbs no sugar and start with walking.

what about eating less? all this isn't really needed, just cut down on food

If I were you I would focus on your nutrition first. By doing something like the Keto diet in combination with intermittent fasting you can achieve your weight loss goals without running. I'm just saying this because unless you have a good quality track to run on you might do more damage to your knees and ankles than it is worth considering your present weight. There is plenty of information as well as videos but in a nutshell, the Keto diet is one where you consume as few grams of carbohydrates as possible and put your body into a fat-burning mode.

• Mario4 weeks agoReport

Wow i read up on it and its actually interesting how much weight you can lose! thank you

No, that will have no effect