Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Why USA can't mind their own business? Their country is far from the whole world so it's not affecting them ?

They keep shoving their noses in other countries businesses like your country is far from all this and u have nothing to worry about and no dangers facing so calm down and leave us alone, we just want to live peacefully 

I agree. The US should pull its military forces home and let the "peaceful" world deal with its own little squabbles. The US should be supplying no military assistance to anyone. No weapons. No advisors. No logistics.

• Andrew

Unfortunately, there's always going to be somebody sitting at the top of the pyramid. For the last several decades, the United States has been the world's sole superpower. There are other countries that might look to test that dominance, but as of right now, there's nobody who could claim to be a serious rival to being the richest, most powerful, and most influential country in the world, and that's probably a good thing for the rest of us. 

Like any country, the US has its flaws, but I'm not sure that anybody else would have done a better job of being in charge for the past 80 years. 

We don't live in the same world people lived in even only a generation or two ago. The world is a lot smaller, it's more inter-connected, and the gap between the "haves" and the "have-nots" has been steadily decreasing. 100 years ago the bulk of the world's population lived in poverty. 50 years ago it was still almost half. Today it's less than a quarter. Who knows what the world will be like in another 50 to 100 years? 

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in a world that was dominated by an East Asian or a Middle Eastern power. White Christians have dominated civilisation for 500 years and we ought to fight tooth and nail to hold onto that position. The United States is really the only hope that we have against threats to topple that dominance and bring about a very different world. Without the US, countries like Russia and China could operate with impunity. There's be even less peace in the world than there is now. We haven't had a truly catastrophic conflict in a very long time, and that's due to the fact that the US surpassed everyone and is capable of defeating any would-be usurper to its crown. 

Americans are not the brightest or most cultured people in the world. They're not known for being open-minded or especially diplomatic. But then again, the most ideal form of government - if one were to actually exist, would be a benevolent dictatorship, and the US represents the best benevolent dictatorship that anybody could realistically hope to have. Americans are idealistic, innovative, passionate, and on an individual level, they're pretty genuine, honest, open, kind, caring and compassionate. Of course many of them are less so than others, many are narrow-minded, extremely - even zealously religious, arrogant, rude and brash, but they've thrown their lot in with lots of people around the world who were having a hard time and they put their own jacksies on the line to help people all over the world. 

They don't "mind their own business" because the business of the United States IS business. They have economic and military interests all over the world, and if they want to look after them, they've got to have a presence and choose a side. 

I'd rather have some idiot wanker seppo strutting about acting like a fool than to have some Chinaman or Russian or Arab doing the same, unopposed. 

If you can provide a better alternative, we're listening. 

Im American and I agree. Thats the white supremacist attitude thats ingrained into every aspect of this country at work.

• Like most of my fellow progressives, I believe that Boko Haram is being unfairly targeted by whites and Jews.

I just can't stop FARTING!!!

I haven't seen you make the same criticism against Russia, Turkey , or Iran -- or a whole host of other countries come to that -- you don't think the countries that they are fighting to take control of deserve peace and the right to self determination too ?.