My parents overrate my intelligence causing them to want me in scholastic paths I'm not smart enough for how do I convince them to stop?

I have read a lot of books and articles about intelligence differences between people and the role these differences play in differences in scholastic abilities and success to gather evidence and proof to change my parents' minds. I read "The Bell Curve Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life" by Charles Murray and Richard Herrnstein, "Intelligence" by Stuart Ritchie" "The Inequality of Man" by Hans Eysenck "Intelligence" by Hans Eysenck "Intelligence by Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen

IQ and the Wealth of Nations by Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhane "The Global Bell Curve Race IQ and Inequality Worldwide by Richard Lynn Race Differences in Intelligence by Richard Lynn "The Chosen People A Study of Jewish Intelligence and Achievement" by Richard Lynn and many articles on the topic and watched many youtube interviews on the topic with Richard Lynn, Charles Murray and others and the evidence and proof still did not convince my parents. Are there better sources I could have used?

Move somewhere and isolate yourself. Give your mind an empty white board you can write on.

Are you really unable to meet their expectations despite every effort you make, working as hard as you can, and getting extra help as needed? Or do they know what you are really capable of & you aren't putting out enough effort? If you keep getting tutoring, extra help, and working really hard to "get it," and cannot, your teachers & tutors will inform your parents - or you can - that their expectations are out of line with your genuine abilities.

• Paul1 month agoReport

In your previous responses you seemed to have a lower estimation of my intellectual standing than I have so I am kind of surprised by these seemingly rhetorical questions that seem to take the position my parents take.

If you want to sponge off of your folks, then you need to do what they tell you to do. If you want to do whatever you want, then don't sponge off of your parents.

You're (apparently) over 18, so why not tell your parents to go to hell? Move out, get a job, join the army, join the Job Corps, or whatever.