Al asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 3 weeks ago

will snorting make things work faster?

I have otc pain meds if I crush them up and snort it will it work faster than just taking it orally. Also if I snort coffee grinds, would I be energized faster than drinking coffee

It will damage the inside of your nose, possibly permanently.

the pain meds would likely give you a pulse of a high concentration so the effect would be stronger at first but go away faster. Coffee grounds would not provide you with caffeine because the caffeine would have to be leached out of the grounds first and it is not going to happen fast. Not enough heat. Like trying to make coffee with cold water. Leaching is slow at lower temperatures. Snorting grounds would not be a useful system of delivery. the active reagent is not readily soluble, and it needs to be. Try snorting instant instead. That is already in a water-soluble form so ought to be faster.

Not that I imagine snuffing up grounds of instant would be all that pleasant. You'd probably snot half of it back out pretty fast.

• Petter

Are you in a hurry? I think you do best in taking your medicins the way they are intended.

If it's just a matter of haste, you should inject it right into your blood. It's of course dangerous, but it will be quick...