Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 3 weeks ago

How to convince a doctor you adhd  at 20 years old without any guardians to back you up?

My parents can 100% back me up 

But I don’t want to bring them in only because my family will use this against me. If I end up having it or not, they will use it against me in the lowest way. Giving favouritism to my other siblings in some sort of way and say that I’m “incapable “ due to etc. Regardless I know they can go ahead and come in and vouch for me it’s just I rather them not have another thing on me. I’m already considered problematic in their eyes. And can you imagine if I don’t have this disorder. You know how

Embarssing that would be, not to mention if I brought my parents into this nonsense I have a psych apppountment in 9mpnthe plus who knows I just want to be prepared incase they bring someone

Because my friends will be too scared and family is a no go 

• Clive

What does this have to do with personal finance?

If you have to convince the doctor, ADHD IS NOT your primary issue.

You're an adult at 18; there is no requirement to involve your parents or anyone else

The doctor doesn't need 'convincing' - if they diagnose you or not will be due to their medical advice, not whether you want to be or not