what does this mean 'Becoming a more creative thinker may mean you need to accept your creativity and cultivate it '?

I agree with that we should 'cultivate' our imagination. Creativity needs to be cultivated--we should not be afraid to develop it, and take our ideas to the highest level of our creativity. What would American fiction be like if Edgar Allan Poe had not moved literature away from mundane story-telling to fantastical new imaginings, or if Stephen King's imagination had not soared to new heights 150 years later?

But I don't quite understand that to be a more "creative" thinker, you need to "accept" you creativity. You cannot 'accept' what you don't know you have. Many people--writers, for example, are unaware of their creative ability, so they don't know where to begin to grow that creativity. I prefer to say that we need to 'recognize' the creativity within each of us, then cultivate it.

It means don’t suppress your oddball thoughts. Use them.

In order to be more creative, you have to actually be more creative.

For example, write down your ideas before sleep instead of forgetting them.

It's just hippie bs

• I think it's referring to individualism. You need to accept your own ability to be creative, and not try to copy or imitate someone else. Cultivating your own creativity through others work is the key, not the other way around.

That's exactly what it means.