Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 1 month ago

Why do americans don't like the real Football ("soccer")?

It's the most famous sport in the whole world. You americans are weird

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You might find the answer in a typical 90 minute contest with the final score 1-0. But in the past when the U.S. has been in world cup soccer, I saw plenty of enthusiasm. It' will never compete with the old gridiron, sorry to say. Then again when Yukon, Oklahoma hosted a NASL team for two years, and they couldn't muster up more than 2,000 at a game, I didn't see a whole lot of Latinos out their either. Maybe they were afraid they would get arrested and deported, I don't know.

• 4 weeks ago

because they are mostly arrogant, unskillful, weird, fat and stupid

• 4 weeks ago

It's not that we don't like soccer. We all can appreciate the skill that it takes to play any game at a professional level. I just think that the game gets very tedious and maybe by eliminating off-sides that would at least open up the game. Also, the flopping that goes on in soccer is ridiculous. There may be some flopping that goes on in basketball but it still is not as bad as soccer. Watch Neymar in the would cup rolling around on the ground about six times just trying to get a call. That was pathetic.

• F
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Because they basically as a nation have AHD and if the score doesn't change every 2 seconds , they lose interest and want to do something else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your lack of English grammar skills make it difficult to take you seriously when talking about a game invented by the English.

• 1 month ago

Because 99.9 percent of the time nothing really happens. They run in one direction then they turn and run in the other direction.

Compare that to any other sport where points or goals are scored quickly and often and the score keeps moving along.

Sure soccer takes a lot of skill and fitness but what is there to actually be worth watching?

The entire game can be condensed down to a couple of minutes of highlights, that way there isn't time to fall asleep.

• F
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Or (American) football. 2 seconds of play, 2 minutes to rearrange everyone in position 2 yards up field (and hi-five each other). Thrilling.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

americans think that grid iron is manly BUT they use so much protection that they are afraid of real hits

If you want to watch real men in action , watch aussie rules

• F
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Hurling and shinty are even harder. Huge pitch, hard ball flying around , clubs flying inches from your face. And don't get me started on Quiddich!

• 1 month ago

Some Americans do like soccer, there are leagues here. Many Americans only follow the World Cup. In large part it's because there are so many other sports that are popular here both as team sports and individual sports. Many Americans especially the older people didn't grow up playing soccer and don't appreciate the sill involved in the game.

• 1 month ago

As of 2006, over 24 million Americans play soccer. There are 4.2 million players (2.5 million male and 1.7 million female) registered with U.S. Soccer. As of 2012, thirty percent of American households contain someone playing soccer, a figure second only to baseball.

You are either misinformed or willfully ignorant.

• 1 month ago

Ironic that your question is categorized to "Other - Soccer".

We have minor league soccer. Does that answer your question? Oh I'm sorry, does your football club play in the farmers league?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.