Can a midget be a police officer?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

I don't believe so, as they would struggle to pass any number of the medical and physical qualifiers for duty. But there are more than likely other roles they could easily play within a department, like perhaps as a detective, or investigator, or meter maid. Basically anything that wouldn't have them chasing people down during the heat of a crime.

• Sally
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

only if the midget is a transgender

Source(s): Michelle Obama
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes. If they can pass the qualifications test and pass the academy. Then, technically, they can be a cop.

However, everything will be much harder for them than anyone else.

But, think about it, that person will not be a very good cop. S/he will have a very hard time arresting someone who is 6.5 feet tall if he's only 3 feet tall himself! Would you want someone like that to help you if you were being attacked or robbed?

• 4 weeks ago

Maybe at the Yellow Brick PD

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I've never heard of a height requirement on any department I'm familiar with, other than something that says "weight proportionate to height". However, it is unlikely they would pass the required tests. The physical agility test could be an issue, and the emergency vehicle operation course would definitely be an issue.

The law requires employers to make "reasonable accommodations" for persons with disabilities, The modifications needed in a squad car would be beyond reasonable.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, then, they would probably give them other roles such as working in the office rather than going around chasing people.

In the UK, men had to be around 6ft in order to do the role, now there is no height restrictions

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, providing they pass all the fitness requirements, (they would need to be extremely fit to make up for the lack of height that will hinder them) They can't just tell you no because of your height because that would be discrimination.

• John4 weeks agoReport

My opinion is that it' is discrimination, it might not be considered discrimination under U.S law but many other countries believe it is discrimination.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Only if they can find you a small role.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No. How would they chase and take down a running perp?

• 4 weeks ago

Yep, and you'll be the first person to be arrested.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.