Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

How are atheists able to get by without God? How do they do it?

Well, I'm 16 years old. I first learned about God when I was 12 and have been worshiping him ever since. Lately I've been Through some hard things and don't know what to do. God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers remember this. God Bless YOU.

My sister (who was adopted at age 1) also became a Christian at age 12, while the rest of us remained atheists. The reason I had to make a point of my sister being adopted is because our biological family is highly intelligent, while my adopted sister not so much. No one in my family minded her becoming a Christian because we really did not know the struggles she was secretly having being part of our family, in particular we were doing many things that she could not do because of her lower intelligence. She is now age 52, and her whole life has been a struggle where her fanatical take on Christianity cost her a divorce from her also Christian husband and her 3 kids disowning her for awhile after they grew up and left home. All three ended up atheists because of their fanatical Christian mother. While my sister is the worse case I personally know, I have had many Christian friends and also have plenty of Christian relatives who certainly struggle more as Christians than I do as an atheist. The reason is because either way it is all up to your abilities, something God is not going to magically grant. While intelligence can help you figure out and prevent many of the pitfalls of life, the real problem is our emotions, which is what all religions attempt to address and even Christians get good advice from the bible that indirectly works on the emotional well being through practical advice but also through fantasy. The truth is we are all doing it without God, which is why it is always dependent on the individual and not what you believe. Christians simply "assign" a God as working in their life where assigning a magical fairy would work equally as well. It has to do with the "belief" and the "feelings" produced for believing and thinking of a personal God. Not all atheists can get by without belief in God, just like not all theists can get by with believing a God is there. The atheists and theists who do get by, do so by their own accord.

God loves all his children. He makes the rain fall on the just and on the unjust. Atheists benefit from God's efforts even if they don't want to think about it.

For your age you are very smart. You have God-given wisdom when you say "God gives the toughest battles to the strongest soldiers." Christians today are facing many, many trials and with these trials come increases in our faith and we are told to overcome these trials - go through them, because our reward is great in heaven. Staying strong and not swerving from our faith in these latter days is what we must do. Paul said, "working out your salvation with fear and trembling." After awhile, the battles make hardened warriors out of us and we can stand strong in these latter days. And stand strong, we must. God bless you, my young friend.

We get by without having to assume a personality guided anything. Natural forces based on chemistry, physics, biology, and other sciences are adequate to demonstrate how everything came into being. And if you look at the claims made about God, such as benevolence and how He watches over his creation, we see no evidence of it. Anything that anyone has claimed so far has been shown to be wishful thinking or something called "confirmation bias." There are no miracles. There CAN be unexplained phenomena without invoking magical events.

We don't need God to explain anything and it may be generally detrimental to your educational development to rely on religion. Learn that true power comes from within. Yes, I know that religion will also tell you to search yourself for power, but they hide it behind religiously oriented nonsense.

God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers? So does that mean that my father would still be alive if I was a weaker person?

since you believe in God he shouldve told you to get off yahoo and go to bed....youre 16 so you should definitely be in school and actually LEARN something......

What does God give you to get by?

• Carym

Yes, our trials are unique in that they are designed specifically for our own benefit.

We just have to accept the challenges like King David in [1 Samuel 17: 33-35] But Saul replied, “You cannot go out against this Philistine to fight him. You are just a boy, and he has been a warrior from his youth.” David replied, “Your servant has been tending his father’s sheep, and whenever a lion or a bear came and carried off a lamb from the flock, I went after it, struck it down, and delivered the lamb from its mouth.

True, stepping out of the boat is not for 'sissies.' But we're carrying the "Flag of Faith" and it has

'Conqueror' written all over it.

As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. [Romans 8:36-37]

I didn't know the Lord until I was 28 and I am still not sure what to do, I know I only trust God, I am 63 now so I dont have the life you can have testifying for the Lord, yes you need to walk the path with him he has great things for you to do, you are someone who can help other young ones find the Lord, Bless you dear one

You heard about one of many thousands of gods. Billions of people on this planet get by very happily and well without your God. Most of them follow other gods and are not atheists. You don't believe in all those other gods; followers of those gods don't believe in yours; and atheists don't believe in any of them. Gods are unnecessary.