Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 4 weeks ago

Can human culture influence evolution?

Can culture be used to control evolution of humans?

Will those who have more primitive culture remain physically strong and evolve to be even stronger?

• Jim
    Best Answer

In fact we have done it for centuries. 

IE, biology says strong (nof just physically but healthy) individuals survive, and weaker die to keep species strong. But with society and medical attention people weaker people survive. You might think this weaken our species and it does, but also allow us to be able to use other habilities which have become the basis of our society, like intelligence. 

A good example is Stephen Hawking, he should have died like 3 years after he started to develop signs of lateral sclerosis, but he lived like 3 decades and made big advances in astrophysics. 

• Zirp

yes of course

for instance, the popularity of alcohol in europe has almost wiped out those who cannot handle alcohol (when water and milk could not be trusted).

• Cowboy

Human culture itself evolves. Modern humans, after 100,000 years of cultural evolution, are a subspecies of the original Homo sapiens. We are Homo sapiens sapiens.

Culture clearly can exert a condition that leads to a distorted response, so of course culture can affect evolution. The idea of "Primitive" versus something else though is too vague to declare the way that the mating and reproduction filtration would function. If you want to see a good example of culture affecting evolution, just look at how inbreeding (culturally-imposed mating) led to the rise of hemophilia in certain royal lines.

Bubbles trapped in amber (fossilized sap) prove the air had 50% more oxygen pre-flood: for this reason everything lived ten times longer. Horns, tusks, fangs, reptiles, bugs, grasses and trees grew huge. We know the age of tigers by the length of their fangs. You don’t think sabre-toothed tigers were born that way, do you? Fossils formed when silica permeated the tissues of plants and animals. Tsunami waves engulfed plants and animals in mud. Buried under billions of tons of water for over a year, the minerals turned them into stone. Stone cannot be dated. You can't hold up a rock and decide how many times it's travelled around the sun (how we determine a year).

Oxygen bonded to hydrogen molecules to form the oceans. There were no oceans before the flood.

There is no such thing as evolution.

Now if you're triggered by this, let me assure you I really don't care. What I DO care about is your salvation. If I had said "A meteor caused a world wide catastrophe" you’d give me BA, but because I say ‘God did it’ your carnal mind is naturally hostile towards me. You hate me/think I’m crazy/falsely criticise and/or want to call me names. Why? Because you don't want a God that demands you change, so you hate those who are obedient to Him.

Nevertheless, if lashing out is how you cope, go right ahead. Feel free to heap all the abuse you have stored up for Christians onto me. I can take it. :)

• Henry

Evolution isn't real.