what is better ibuprofen or tylenol for sciatica pain?

• Linda

Neither for me because I take prescription pain killers but if that is all you have, you can alternate between those two for the best results.

Often times, a doctor will recommend a trial period of an NSAID (ibuprofen is an NSAID) to help with anti inflammatory effects and possibly physical therapy. That being said, sciatica is a painful condition best handled by a health care provider. I would recommend seeing a physician before trying any medicine. Medicines can interact with other medicines and have side effects.

for sciatica pain take Neurobion (Vit B1,B6 and B12)

tab daily after breakfast

also apply a hot water bag to the affected nerve

twice a day

If you have to take painkillers for an extended period of time, it's better to alternate between them. One is harsh on your liver and the other is harsh on your kidneys so it's better to switch everyday or every 12 hours to give your organs time to heal. A lot of people have organ failure or complications from taking painkillers for too long.

Ibuprofen can cause heart conditions, like atrial fibrillation.I would take Tylenol instead.

Ibuprofen is more powerful.

yeah i know what you mean