John asked in HealthDental · 3 weeks ago

Question about dentures ?

Hello I just had these new dentures made  and they keep falling out even with poly grip, I noticed that people wear dentures and they don’t use poly grip and their dentures stay in place and they can eat , is this normal , what is wrong 

• Tavy

They don't FIT. You need to go back to the Dentist and get them Relined. You should not have to use adhesive if they were made properly.

I worked for a UK Dentist.

Maybe just don’t wear dentures? I find a soups and smoothie diet suffices my dietary needs.

• Ramona

Go back to the place you got them and them refitted. You shouldn't have to pay for any of this, the trip their, x rays etc... because they fitted them wrong. I wonder if your gums have shrunk from previously being swollen.

You should keep going back to the dentist for adjustments until they fit properly when they are new. Some people have no bone left under the gum for the denture to hold on to, so they have to use the glue.