Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Can people and animals learn each other’s signs?

i have a dog who seems to pick up on what people do and what it means. Like how i kiss her between her ears when she cuddles against my belly and one day she began pressing her muzzle into my forehead(I’m assuming her version of a kiss) or how she knows when I’m sad by how i sit and she knows that mimicking how i sit as best she can makes me happy. But also the other way around like how i know that she rubs her face on mine when she’s really happy or the bounce she does when she wants me to follow her.Its the same with my friends and their pets and us with stray animals we see a lot. Can people and animals learn the signs of each other or no?

Most dogs are very good at interpreting body language.

• Jojo

Yes, animals, and especially domesticated dogs can read the body language and voice tones very well of humans, and especially of their owners who they are very familiar with.

WE humans also can become very aware of what our dogs body language and vocal noises mean.

A deaf dog can be trained to respond to hand signals by a human.

In very advanced training, some dogs can even be taught to respond to the human just blinking an eye or twitching a face muscle etc.

Dogs can also know what mood their owner is in by observing the owners body language and demeanour. Hope this helps answer your question.

Dogs are much more astute than people give them credit for.

Source(s): GSD owner for 56 years.

There are deaf dogs who learn human's sign language.

Yes, they can do that.

Let's see how I've answered this the last 13 times.

It's not your dog. You are a juvenile/child. You can't own property. Dogs are property.

It's not your dog.

So the dog and you sit the same way? Interesting.