Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

I bought a coffee table from an Indian couple and after a week it still smells like Indian food, how long till it no longer has that smell?

• Zheia

Burn an Indian joss stick to get rid of the smell.

Get a plant misting bottle and fill it with white vinegar. Straight out of the bottle.  Now set it to MIST.   Now mist it completely.  Now allow to dry for a day or 2.   If you still smell vinegar it is not completely dry yet so wait another day.  There should be NO ODOR either from vinegar or Curry spice.

I would definitely wipe it down first with soapy water using liquid dish soap...which is scented either cherry, lemon, or orange.

Then after that do the vinegar misting.  Do not dilute it.

Wood is porous and depending on how much the odor has penetrated the wood this could take months or years to go away.

I shop thrift a lot and find that a VERY thourough cleaning will usually take care of odors on wood furniture. I use different things for different types of finishes but to get an odor off of finished wood I would use a white vinegar / water combo about 1/5 and wearing neoprene gloves would carefully wipe down every square inch of the table with that mixture on washcloth sizes pieces of a torn up towel changing out the towel frequently. If this causes the finish to look chalky you can bring it back up with an orange oil/beeswax mix from the hardware store.

You will never get rid of the smell of Curry

A few days ju know

Ommm

Just clean it off if the smell bothers you

Mix one part white vinegar to two parts water in a spray bottle and give the table a good soaking. Vinegar will kill basically any smell.

Edit: Also, if this is a troll question, then god bless you for bringing back the weirdness that Answers has so lacked over the past couple years.

You win weird question of the day