Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

How do I get myself out of this?

My depression has been so bad the past month. I've blocked all of the people I care about out of my life. I avoided every social event I normally go and ignored every text my friends sent me. I was just drowning and I couldn't get out. I've finally started to feel a little better and I texted them back. Now all of them are mad at me for ignoring them. And I don't blame them. They keep asking me why I did it and I really don't want to tell them that I was mentally struggling. They know I've had problems with anxiety and depression in the past, but to them I've gotten better and it's not really an issue anymore. The truth is, it hasn't gotten any better. It's only gotten worse. I just didn't want to let them down so I told them I was better. I feel like if I told them I'm not doing okay, they'd be disappointed in me.

I'm just so scared this will happen again. It's happened before this, and I'm sure it'll happen again. I feel so bad that I hurt my friends and I just don't know what to do anymore.

for a genuine answer, you should tell your friends. and depending on how they react will really gauge whether they are your real friends or not. and just get help for depression and anxiety, because going through it alone just makes it worse.

Ditch your shitty friends, start playing Classic World of Warcraft