Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Why is it that twins are always girls?

Every pregnant woman I see that's having twins has girls.. its never boy twins

• Edna

While I was still in high school, I knew two sets of boy twins; and this was in a small town. One set of twins was in my class, and the other set was 2 years behind me. In fact, one set was identical twins.

I had no idea the entire world consisted of only people you can personally see.

They are not. My ex had identical twin boys

• John P

??? What statistics have you been reading??? "Every pregnant woman (by implication, across the world) who has twins...." How many women pregnant with twins have you seen? 3, 6, 15? Ah. yes, I thought so.

• Jill

They are not. Twin types and genders are oddly symmetrical. 1/3rd of all twins are identical, 1/3rd are the same sex fraternal and 1/3rd are male/female fraternal. Of the identical twins, half are male/male, and half are female/female. Of the same sex fraternal, half are male/male, and half are female/female.

• A C

They aren't.  I know someone who had twin boys. 

• Kevin

it's based on the males chromosomes, so can be male, female, fraternal, or identical