I got a new amplifier for my electric guitar today what do you think about it?

It’s used but has a little scratch here and there but the sound quality is superb! I just got through trying it out and I’m very impressed with the way the amp plays I only paid $40 for it it is a fender squire champ 15 it’s a smaller amp but boy does it have the sound when you turn on the distortion! WOW! So tell me Yahoo! friends, what do you think of my new amp?

• Me2

I rate the Squier Champ 15 at "below mediocre"; quite poor but not completely terrible.

i've got one of these. i got it for free, i use it as a guitar pedal circuit testing amp when i'm wiring my own pedals, wouldn't want to accidentally blow the speaker of a decent amp until after i've checked it on a cheap practice amp like this.

If money is an issue, I still think you are going to have to steal your first half stack and JCM800 to get that "sound".

Either that or run your guitar through program on computer which has a cabinet and head simulator.

Source(s): nothing
  • Andrew

If you think the sound quality on that amp is "superb", then it's a given that you haven't owned many amplifiers and don't know much about sound quality. What you've got there is a standard, no-frills, basic starter amp of average size and quality for a smaller, cheaper model. It's perfectly fine for practicing in one's bedroom, maybe even for jamming with a few mates, but it's hardly a top of the line piece of equipment. The built-in distortion on most amplifiers is inferior to what you could get out of a decent effects pedal, and Crate and Peavey amplifiers have far better built-in distortion, reverb and chorus than do most Fender models. For $40, you got what you paid for and it ought to be perfectly suitable for your needs, but it's not as though it's going to make you sound as though you've got a digital pedal board going through a wall of Marshall stacks or anything.

Sounds like a good deal to me now why don't you play something and record it and post it on YouTube and post a link here so we can hear you play

sneak into and old folks home and play it on max

see how strong their hearts are

• Killmouseky
      1 month agoReport

With a Champ? You must be joking! Try it with a Dual Showman with an equaliser. THEN you can do a "Jericho" & blow the walls down.