what can I do about a section 8 tenant who is a nightmare neighbor and mooching pest that I know actively engages in methamphetamine use?

I live in Anaheim next door to a section 8 tenant who is a nightmare for a neighbor that is always constantly coming over, knocking on my door and asking for food or to borrow money that I know actively engages in methamphetamine uses as I have seen their methamphetamine paraphernalia, who do I or would I bring this to the attention of, the apartment manager, law enforcement agency, housing authority ?? And if so would this section 8 tenant face being evicted for actively engaging in methamphetamine use ??

Put a stop to it, tell the pest you are not a soup kitchen or a bank, and to quit knocking on your door and annoying you.

Don't answer the door. Report them to the management. Yes, he sure would be evicted or she. Be very persistent. You could file a restraining order against them for harassment if they are coming over all the time and mention the drug use on the restraining order. 

• Flower

You should move. Also tell him not to talk to you. And put a note on your door with his name, not to disturb you. You can try and talk to your apartment manager about the meth use but the other things nobody can do anything about. You can break your lease because of the other tenant's behavior.

• R P

Call the police in regard to the illegal (drug) activity.

Tell the neighbor to stop asking you for food or money; if he persists, send a written complaint to management and ask them to intervene on your behalf to the local Section 8 office.

• Maxi

If doing illegal activity you contact the police, if anti social such as noise you contact the landlord and/or the city and if knocking and asking to borrow money or food, you say NO

Call the police regarding the drug use.

This is a problem with many section 8 tenants, and is why the majority of landlords do not want to rent to them. Also the paperwork & inspections are horrendous. Now state wide CA rent control is saying landlords cannot say they won't take section 8 tenants. I'm sure there are some very good tenants who are on section 8, so all the bad ones make it bad for the good ones. There's still all the paperwork & inspections to deal with, plus section 8 pays landlords less than what they can get for rent the regular way.

All of the above and yes.

i would just tell the police about it, especially if youve seen it cause you have proof, i had this neighbor doing the same thing, meth, pot, and bringing in all these homeless people to smoke with her, they couldnt prove her drug use, so hud housing got her on having her boyfriend live there for months without being on a lease so they used that to kick her out

Start with your landlord or apartment manager.

I could never understand why bleeding hearts think that bringing scummy riff-raff into a middle class neighborhood will do any social good.