So glad I grew up in the 60s and have lived my life, none of this LGBT, College, safe space, snowflake nonsense was around then 😊😊😊?

• Best Answer

These people will bring an end to western civilization as we know it.

shut the **** up boomer

• Tj

I guess you enjoyed living in the closet, or if out you enjoyed the hate towards you, even been beaten. Im very happy to see gay persons get equal rights, and more and more being accepted.

The cradle of the modern LGBT rights movement started in the 60s, ie. the Stonewall riots. So we were around then, and WAY before that

• reme_1

You just were not aware of it. We gay people had to fight for acceptance, our legal rights to have protection from being fired, losing our apts, losing our children in custody battles. You seem to be very closed minded toward other people. You were not there to help others get their rights I bet.

Yes you are right, and in the 60s wife bashing, child abuse and racism were all also very common.

This proves you are wrong!

Christine Jorgensen (May 30, 1926 – May 3, 1989) was an American transgender woman who was the first person to become widely known in the United States for having sex reassignment surgery. Jorgensen grew up in the Bronx, New York City. Shortly after graduating from high school in 1945, she was drafted into the U.S. Army during World War II. After her military service, she attended several schools and worked; it is during this time she learned about sex reassignment surgery. Jorgensen traveled to Europe, and in Copenhagen, Denmark, obtained special permission to undergo a series of operations starting in 1952.[1]

More and more I believe some anthropologists are right that intelligence is not a survival trait and that humans will eventually think themselves into extinction.

Yeah society today ain't great. But hey I was born in 1999, the last of the elites.

• Med 10

I grew up in the 50's, We didn't hear about the LGBT because that was all going on in Cal. Didn't have to lock your house. Not as much traffic. Local stores closed Sundays and holidays. People actually went to each others house to visit. College ????? Didn't have to be politically correct. Live slower more relaxed lives. Dad made enough money and the wife didn't have to work to make ends meet and no credit cards.