How long should I use this topical steroid,?

I have a serious case of eczema on my scrotum and my penis. It is severe case of eczema that hurts me when I walk. 

The doctor told me the skin is unusually thick (lichen simplex) causing moisture to get in there and thus causing inflammation. She also told me that was the cause of that odor it was emitting. 

She issued me hydrocortone, which I didn't find to do any good but she said it did but I didn't see an improvement. 

I went to another doctor which were not a dermatologist who prescribed me a higher potent corticosteroid.  

It is called betamethasone and clotrimazole. 

It says to use it no longer than two weeks but my eczema is very bad had has been on there for a long time. I don't think two weeks is enough I've been applying it in the morning and evening 

Any suggestions. 

• Vortex
    Best Answer

Do not use any cortisone on the skin for more than a week. It can cause the skin in the area to break down with stretch marks as a result. If your dermatologists have not taken a sample and cultured it, they have done nothing for you. I tend to go with the fungal group and suggest a third doctor.

i would ask your doctor about it

i would ask your doctor about it

What the heck? You have "jock itch" or "ringworm" or the same fungus that is athlete's foot fungus.

Go to the nearest 99 store and get yourself a tube of goo that has as an active ingredient clotrimazole and another with tolnaftate. Use them.

When you wash the area, use a dandruff shampoo that has zinc pyrithione (you can get that at the 99 store too). Dandruff shampoo active ingredients are all anti-fungal.

You can also get similar anti-fungal products, but in liquid or spray form, from a real drugstore. I would recommend the spray for your feet.

pick one doctor and stick with him or her. Treating skin conditions is not an exact science because there are so many other factors involved, like the kind of bath soap or laundry soap you use can effect things too.

Go back the the doctor you liked and tell him/her its not better at all.

Keep at it. Sounds like you waited a long time to take care of it.