Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it rude to forget my brother's wife name and call her Linda?

I think her name is Susan. Linda was my brother's first wife.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

As you obviously know perfectly well her name is Susan, why are you posting?

• `
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you're trying to write a story, it should be believable, John or is it Bob?

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Are we talking about an occasional occurrence here? Or does this happen a lot? If it's happening a lot, it's rude. People remember what they exert themselves to remember. You're not bothering to exert yourself in this matter is rude.

• 1 month ago

Straighten up and fly right! You wouldn't ever call your boss by the wrong name, would you?

If you have some psychological hangup about calling your brother's wife by her correct name, go get some expert help from a pastor or a counselor. It's really rude to refer to her by your brother's first wife's name. You know that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are so many ways to find out her true name, when someone calls her on the phone and asks for her, look at her mail, what do other people in the house call her, or when someone comes to the house asking for her, listening to order something on the phone or pays her bills over the phone,where she gives out her name and address, ask to see her drivers license or marriage certificate out of pure curiousity,  ETC.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes, it's rude. Either call her by her name or call her something else but not the first wife's name.

• Cyrus
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It's not rude for you to simply forget, but it would be if you called her by a different name on purpose. This is an etiquette question so I'm guessing you think that it would be improper to do so. You didn't do anything wrong.

• 1 month ago

kind of, i would just tell her you forgot her name, and if you cant remember stuff like that maybe you should go see your doctor and find out why

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Many people say 'Dear' or 'Dahling' because they can't remember one's name. No big deal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.