Toddler sleeping help?

Me and my partner have 50:50 custody over his 1 1/2 old daughter. When she stays at her mums for a week she is cosleeping again which we got her out of and is now causing issues as she will no sleep at all in the night till she practically passes out from tiredness. 

The mum refuses to stop doing this. Any advice as to where we stand. We don’t go back court for a few months to review the situation and current plan. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Her mom doesn't need to bend to your wishes. You aren't even a stepparent (not that she'd have to bend to your wishes even if you were married to Dad). She doesn't have to bend to Dad's wishes either. She has the right to parent however she wants when she has her child.

A court isn't going to rule on where the child sleeps either. Why would you even bring that to court?

• 3 weeks ago

I can't imagine this is something that you'd have any control over. If you've made a suggestion, and the other parent has chosen not to take it, you may just have to accept that they think differently than you do.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

That's between your partner and his ex...He has no say on how she parents during her time unless the child is in harms way.😉

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.