Ashley asked in PetsRodents · 4 weeks ago

My sibling had two gerbils.One gerbil passed away and the other gerbil ate it.How long should I wait to acclimate her with another gerbil.?

• Nathan

If she ate this gerbil, she may not be suitable to be housed with another. Please make sure her cage is at least 100x50cm, that they have at least 10" of safe bedding to burrow in and an 1 1" wheel each. I suggest the split cage method once all of these needs are being met, which can also help you know if she can be housed with another gerbil.

HOWEVER, you must get a pair. If she can't love with another one then you will have two line gerbils which is unfair, at least buying/adopting two would mean that she is the only lone one out of them all. PicklesPets the youtuber has a good video on this.

A cannibal gerbil? I'd not ever put another gerbil in the cage. Some gerbils deserve to live alone.