Can I use a compound bow legally in a safe public open countryside area (with all precautions taken) the same as a recurve bow in the uk? ?

Are their specific laws for compound bows?

Well you can not use ether in the open countryside in the UK With or with out full precaution's being taken.

As it would be assumed even with out proof you were hunting And by the way even carrying a bow with arrows unless attending an archery contest unless the bow and arrows are packed in such away to make it impossible to use them quickly ) and as that is a criminal offence carrying a jail sentence.

You can only used it if you are on a Archery club site or your private land if large enough for arrows not to leave it's boundary's.

So do not think you can use ether a compound bow or a recurve on open country in the UK or you will be gracing a jail cell for a few years as both are classed as both poaching weapons and come under the offensive weapon ACT!

OH DEAR WE ARE A SILLY PERSON ARE WE NOT!

Why not, just different engineering gone into the bows.

If archery is legal, sure.

Yes except a compound must have a balloon filled with helium attached to it on the string silencer.

A small balloon preferably hunter orange.

• Richard
      1 month agoReport

I always used a recurve but most of my friends used a compound and this is the first I have heard
      about a balloon.