Do people who criticize spelling and grammar on this site have autism or something?

the number of people crying over spelling and grammar is pathetic. Sorry this isnt a fkn english class, no one cares about your amazing ability to pick out every single spelling or grammar error on this site.

Update:

I know how to spell and use grammar you fkn idiots, i just choose not to care when im in a casual environment like the internet you god damn degenerates

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

wordsmithery carries an obligation of,at least, 5th grade syntax,grammar,logic standards ,

Story tellers abound in every subject from A to Z,,math sciences military,,

the internet is this ages' broth of shorthand 3 ltrs for laughing your *** off,rolling on the floor, using numbers for letters,, black kidspeak translated to the keyboard,memes,cartoons,hearts kisses,thumbs up and a thousand other little pics you can paste in for emotional expression,

trades guys as are truck drivers..military,,carpenters,electricians,use sufficient writing english and sentence knowledge to get across crucial information,often with mistakes misspellings,,,doctors too,

language is used and misused by a lot of people,, some use perfect kings

oxford english to convey utter lunacies..good form,bad substance. which matters more?,,the left usually zero in on form vs functionality.

count on a clicker the number of times you see the word 'literally', misused, as a long exclamation point,proper use is to contrast with 'figuratively' 'he fell off the deep end..

did he start drinking again?" 'no he tripped & fell in the deep end of the pool' along with use as a sentence filler it is often misspelled,my own compilation of booboo rants==========>,expediate, ( wrong,it is 'expedite') ,excetera,nucyuh ler,as per,true facts true history,past history,prior plans,prior history,future plans,various and sundry,excape,point n time,genral consensus,concensus of opinion,genril consensus of opinion. ( 'gen/rll' that is how bad word raconteurs make it sound) ,outer perimeter, loose lose,lossed lost,choose chose,,preboard prepay prequalify,prepay,preorder,preregister,regester, we'll,well,your,you're , would of,libary, to,too close proximity,general consensus,disorientating,nope nope,,origination,,nope,, word is origin,another couple, masonary,,as in bricklaying,,it is'masonry' not 'masonary'promissary,,as in 'promissary' note,,wrong,,it is promissory,,'promissory note'

• Linda
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

A lot of people have a tendency to correct people's spelling, but I don't see why you should get so upset?

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, we are concerned with your future. Being able to express yourself well in writing can help you to get a good job.

Note that on a site like this you are not writing to your friends (when any fancy sort of child-talk can be used), you are addressing a world-wide readership of people of many ages and positions in society.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't bother criticising too much in some of the categories, but if someone posts in Words or Language, they should be a lot more careful how they do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You will care if you ever have to enter into a legal contract ... or do the work of a semi-illiterate person. Brains are important ! (as in attention to detail - as in the RED UNDERLINE).

• Cody4 weeks agoReport

i know how to use proper grammar and spelling idiot, i choose not to care when im in a casual environment

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They may be sad... but they are not nearly as pathetic as people who can’t use their own language correctly.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

This is the "Words and Wordplay" forum, not the "I don't know what 'autism' means" forum.

• Cody4 weeks agoReport

if you dont know what it means you should try google idiot

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Most people don’t care if it’s minor because they can pretty much figure out what the question is. It’s when there are mistakes after every few words that makes people say something.

It’s good practice to use correct grammar and spelling. Imagine writing a résumé where it’s filled with mistakes after mistakes. Think you’re going to get hired.

• Cody4 weeks agoReport

im not writing a resume dickweed

• 4 weeks ago

Correct grammar and spelling is a matter of manners. You should be grateful to anyone who takes the time to help you improve. After all, one day you might want to grow up, get job, get married and have a family. You never know.

• JOHN
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Perhaps the lady would like to try the maths and physics sites – I highly recommend them. Nice people there too – politically incorrect, iconoclastic, rebellious and happily ignorant of the subtleties and esoterics of the grammarians craft.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

lol .. 'grammar nazis' ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.