Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 3 weeks ago

Which route is better to get two impacted wisdom teeth out?

My surgeon said I can get either just local, local and laughing gas, or iv sedation and local. I am nervous and I have had laughing gas before and all it does to me is make things seem to go by quick and make my body feel heavy and me feel a little tired. These two wisdom teeth are impacted horizontal and what he referred to as complete bony.

Best Answer

Seeing as you are already nervous about the procedure, you are a great candidate for the IV sedation. The gas would probably be fine, but with the "twilight sleep" option, you'll have little to no memory of the extractions, and you'll also be a calmer patient. Good luck

• audrey

If you can afford it, go for the IV sedation. You won't feel or remember a thing.

I am a fan of "twilight" sedation (IV), myself. If nothing else, it helps you stay still and relaxed while you wait for everyone to do their thing.