Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

Low dialostic blood pressure ?

A little background info. I had hbp for 3 years after giving birth. About 4 months ago my dr weaned me off my medicine because my blood pressure was perfect and I started getting really dizzy. Which she said is a sign that your body doesn’t need the meds anymore because your body is managing a good bp on it’s own. Anyways frst couple weeks where perfect readings where good dizziness went away. Dizziness started coming back and I noticed every time I get up from sitting/laying down thn come back and sit or lay down and check my bp right after my bottom number would be in the 40’s-50’s I’d thn check it again right after and it go back to normal range 60’s-70’s-80’s. Sometimes when I’m laying down and relaxing my blood pressure will be in the low range again even after checking it maybe 3 times back to back. It’s not until I kinda start panicking thn it will go back up. They did an ekg said everything’s fine but still sending me to a cardiology to do some more test just to be sure. My pulse when relaxing is always around the 50’s especially at night. I’m just worried idk what could suddenly be causing the drop in my bottom number. 

That's not an abnormal reading hon, you can relax and try not to stress!

Mine runs 112/52 or there-abouts all day, every day, and I'm pretty healthy for a withered up old gal, lol

• Tavy

Our BP should be low when lying down. You are not supposed to take it as soon as you get up. It takes a while to go back to normal. I take mine mid morning.

• edward

The blood pressure is fine. The bottom number, in case you didn’t know is measured when your heart is not pumping, it being low isn’t abnormal, i would be more worried if the top number was low

• Incorrect. A normal diastolic pressure is 40 mm hg lower than the systolic pressure. Google "pulse pressure."

check your thyroid. you might have hypothyroidism.

• TooochDan1 month agoReport

www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/orthostatic-hypotension/symptoms-causes/syc-20352548