Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Can you use field points to hunt game?

Can you use field points to hunt small game? Could you use one on a deer? A head shot with a field point on a deer would be lethal instantly.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • C T M
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I know why you're using the anonymous feature, you SHOULD BE embarrassed about these stupid questions you've been asking. Trolls are cowards, the anonymous feature lets you be faceless cowards

• Robin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i couldnt no as bow hunting is illegal in my area

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can't use them for deer in the state that I live in. Obviously they have done testing and they are NOT a valid option.

• 4 weeks ago

Can you ? Maybe. Should you ? Only if you want to go home empty-handed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Where I live you are required to use a broad head. I get a big laugh when I hear people discussing

a head shot on various game animals. Sure there are people that could be that good of a shot

but they are scarce. In my hunting life (63 years) I have only met about 5 people that good. Maybe

you know more.

• BBean
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

All this talk, aka bullsh!T, about headshots when the truth is known not many bowmen are accurate enough to just hit a deer anywhere...let alone a headshot.

• 4 weeks ago

Just how good a shot are you with a bow??  Just how close do you think a deer will get??

Sure, a common thing for small game at closer ranges.

Get into mid or large game takes much more energy from an arrow or bolt to take down game. Distance takes accuracy for lethal shots.

• BOBBER
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You sure can. You wont get as much of a wound opening, But in the right area they can be deadly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.