Feeling nauseous after eating something sweet, a sign of diabetes?

It started last night, I admit I drank too much soda with my food (a bottle and a can of soda). I was fine after the bottle but noticed the onset of a headache and nausea halfway through drinking the can so I didnt finish it. I won't be drinking anymore soda for a while.

I woke up this morning with a faint queasiness, fixed a bowl of oatmeal with minimum sugar and my nausea still came back. This has never happened to me before, is this a sign of diabetes or could it just be a sugar hangover? 

@A.J: Aged 29, height 5'3 and weight 104. Perhaps this issue is being underweight or diet habits as I usually eat light meals I cook or fast food on the go.

Now it's more of a sign of an infected pancreas or appendicitis or gallbladder problem drinking soda stretched the injury that's wherever it's at and that's what you're feeling! You ought to go to a doctor and see what's going on before it gets serious. I had those symptoms and I ignored them well one day I went to a restaurant and had food and drink a big glass of soda and went home. And I woke up at 12 at night with a burst appendix and had to take myself to the hospital! I was lucky to have survived

• A.J.

Not likely either diabetes or sugar related, but could be any of many illnesses or a general diet issue or food allergy or lack of exercise problem. You did not state your age, height-weight, general dietary habits, or physical condition.

Nausea and headache are symptoms of about 8000 different things, or more. If you're concerned about diabetes, see an actual doctor.