Feeling nauseous after eating something sweet, a sign of diabetes?

It started last night, I admit I drank too much soda with my food (a bottle and a can of soda). I was fine after the bottle but noticed the onset of a headache and nausea halfway through drinking the can so I didnt finish it. I won't be drinking anymore soda for a while.

I woke up this morning with a faint queasiness, fixed a bowl of oatmeal with minimum sugar and my nausea still came back. This has never happened to me before, is this a sign of diabetes or could it just be a sugar hangover? 

Update:

@A.J: Aged 29, height 5'3 and weight 104. Perhaps this issue is being underweight or diet habits as I usually eat light meals I cook or fast food on the go.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Now it's more of a sign of an infected pancreas or appendicitis or gallbladder problem drinking soda stretched the injury that's wherever it's at and that's what you're feeling! You ought to go to a doctor and see what's going on before it gets serious. I had those symptoms and I ignored them well one day I went to a restaurant and had food and drink a big glass of soda and went home. And I woke up at 12 at night with a burst appendix and had to take myself to the hospital! I was lucky to have survived

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not likely either diabetes or sugar related, but could be any of many illnesses or a general diet issue or food allergy or lack of exercise problem. You did not state your age, height-weight, general dietary habits, or physical condition.

• 1 month ago

Nausea and headache are symptoms of about 8000 different things, or more. If you're concerned about diabetes, see an actual doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.