Ed asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

My neighbor leaves porch light on ALL DAY, and contributes to climate change?

I live in a town house, I am a renter. The people next to me leave their porch light on ALL day. I taped a note on their door and reminded them of climate change and told them they are contributing to the earth warming and people dying. But they still haven't turned it off. What is my next step? Is there someone I can call to make them turn it off?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Cowboy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month ago

no they are not causing climate change, you do need to call soneone though

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A 40 watt bulb = 0.04 kW

For a 10 hour day that would mean 0.4kWh

Even in a week it would be less than 3 units of electricity.

Compared with some of the energy sapping devices that people all over the world use every day it would be like a gnat's pee in the Atlantic.

Chill out!!

It's HIS house, and not everyone is an eco-warrior....MYOB !!

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes...I was talking about bulbs.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not a concern.  They have a digital light that uses 90% less energy than a standard incandescent 60 watt bulb.  So hardly registers as being ON.

How about YOU?  Do you still use the old light bulbs.  Most still do.

. it is their electricity, and their light bulb.

Your computer uses as much power as a standard 100W incandescent light bulb and I am betting you are on it all day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Mind your own damn business .

• not
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some of us pay different rates for electricity at different times of the day. Currently daytime electricity where I am, California, is dirt cheap. Night electricity is much much more expensive. Apparently with all the solar production we have an abundance of electricity during the day. We don't store that power for the night, it just vanishes. So I realize my daytime use is irrelevant meanwhile my night use is burning coal. The average number of porch lights on all night long per house that I observe is 4. Parking lots, businesses and what not all burn coal all night long. The unessasary night use is the biggest place we could make a difference. So put notes on doors in the nighttime. 

• 1 month ago

Leave them alone. Wasting electricity like that is not a problem...except for paying the bill.

• 1 month ago

You should observe what kind of a bulb it is. If it is a CFL or a LED bulb, it may use as little as 7 watts, So during a month it might use 2 Kilowatts during the day. The average home uses 700 Kilowatts in a month. Insignificant.

• 1 month ago

Are you paying their light bills? If not, SHUT UP! It's none of your business. How is one little light contributing to something that happens naturally and can't be controlled?

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Global warming has been happening since the last ice age.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Call the Green Nazis.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.