The Second Coming of Christ can be used to cast doubt on the alleged "virgin birth" in the 1st century AD. But what do you say to this?

The New Testament has prophesied the Second Coming of Christ by claiming that "Christ will come on the clouds with great power and glory".

Which seems to suggest that Christ won't be born again as a babe, but he will literally come on the clouds.

Because the Bible hasn't specifically said that the Second Christ would be "born again" as a babe doesn't serve to preclude the possibility that this may well be the case.

On the contrary, if it can be shown that the Second Christ HAS BEEN "born again" as a babe then such empirical knowledge should not be lightly disregarded.

Especially, because there is nothing at all in the Bible to say that Jesus won't be "born again" as a babe.

Also, if it can be shown that the "Second Christ has been born again as a babe" it would serve to refute the idea of a "virgin birth" in this generation.

Since we know WHO the mother of Jesus IS. Therefore, we also know that the Second Christ was NOT conceived by a virgin birth.

Thus, the present tense reality can be extrapolated to draw inferences about the 1st century AD appearance of Christ, whereby, it is claimed that Jesus was conceived by a "virgin birth".

But if the "virgin birth" is false in the present tense then in all likelihood it is also false regarding the 1st century immaculate conception of Christ.

If the so called "virgin birth" of Christ can be falsified in the present tense then it may well falsify the 1st century immaculate conception of Christ.

But what do you think?

?? At the second coming, we will see Christ appear "in the same manner as you have seen him go" -- in the air, in the clouds, as the Lord Jesus. There has never been a hint that he'll be born a second time. That is reincarnation, which is denied by Christianity and the basis on which it was built, Judaism.

• >> Because the Bible hasn't specifically said that the Second Christ would be "born again" as a babe doesn't serve to preclude the possibility that this may well be the case. <<

In the same Bible passage in which Jesus teaches that his return will be visible to all

he also warns his followers to REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT if someone says, "Jesus is over here" or "Jesus is over there".

In other words

he warns his followers NOT to believe any claim of reincarnation, NOT to believe any claim that some human that they didn't previously know and had not previously heard of was in fact Jesus returned.

Here's the passage:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mat+2...

but Jesus spends considerably more words in that chapter describing his return.

• Archer

You seem to find some significance in only one of the many demigods presented by man produced by the rape of a woman by a god.

• Jake

The Virgin Mary is a perpetual virgin and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• David

There is no second Christ.Jesus is alive and I'm forgiven. He will return in the flesh He was murdered in.Israel will look upon Him whom they pierced. You better start over and read the scriptures again. JBY

• Bryce

The "virgin birth" story was a mistranslation of "young woman" by the author of Matthew. The author of Matthew concocted the whole story because of his mistake and a good deal of lying.

I think you aren't applying any of the reasons why Christ came as a child first, then will return as a conquering Kind second. You have jumbled the prophecies concerning him.

This is about Christ's Second Coming:

Isaiah 9

6

For to us a child is born,

to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7

Of the greatness of his government and peace

there will be no end.

He will reign on David’s throne

and over his kingdom,

establishing and upholding it

with justice and righteousness

from that time on and forever.

The zeal of the Lord Almighty

will accomplish this.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • <Christ came as a child first, then will return as a conquering King second.> Wrong. To be return as a conquering King He would need to be born again as a child.

Everything must be concordant with scientific principles, but the Bible itself cannot contradict scientific laws.

• Prince

19After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. 20And they went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked through them, confirming His word by the signs that accompanied it.…

Mark 16:19

They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Acts 1:10-11

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.”

Revelation 22:12

• Prince
      4 weeks agoReport

"will come back in the same way.." Acts 1:10-11. He was taken up to heaven.

Yes it did, but it said that would happen while folks were still alive. It said it over and over in fact.  I mean you are asking me about something that was a giant miss in that department.

Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Mark 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.