tattoo peeling?

I recently got my tattoo about a week ago. It is peeling very badly, i took a shower and did not let it dry and before putting lotion on it and now it is peeling even worse. What should I do?

Best Answer

The peeling stage of tattoo healing is completely normal. It will continue to peel like that and feel dry, and the main thing you should do is apply non-scented, gentle lotion to it, and DO NOT SCRATCH IT (pat it instead, if it is itchy). The peeling will eventually stop, and the lotion will help to hydrate it and keep it from itching too badly. Also, do not be alarmed if your tattoo looks less than perfect after it's done peeling. If you notice some spots that look like they need a touchup, that's normal. Most tattoos benefit from a touchup after their initial healing/peeling process. 

go see your doctor about it

• Laura

Next time let your tattoo dry before you apply lotion, and apply lotion any time the skin looks dry.

• jada4 weeks agoReport

even tho it is still peeling badly