Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Gender Studies: Can a man and woman be friends without romantic or sexual feelings towards each other ?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes of course anything is possible, we can't all possibly fancy every person of the opposite gender that we meet and befriend!

• 3 weeks ago

IMO, it is incredibly hard for both sexes to just be friends and not eventually have some sort of feelings. Men do not become close friends with someone unless they are interested. I think there is always some sexual tension or feelings below the surface no matter how platonic something may appear to be. This is why I don't agree with married people having "close" opposite sex friends. You need to set boundaries and protect your relationship.

• 3 weeks ago

No.

That's why when one is in a committed relationship one must have strict boundaries and keep things simple when dealing with the opposite sex. No shoulder to cry on, no long walks, no late night movies, drinks, no concerts.

Don't have a work or "friend" spouse either.

• Brandon C
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Especially when it comes to a dude. The first thing he will try to do when his "friend" starts to have issues in her relationship is be the shoulder to cry on in hopes of getting laid. That's just how it works. Like I said, nothing more than justification for bad behavior.

• 4 weeks ago

I mean, I guess that could be the case for some men and some women, but not for me. I'm not going to bother spending time, money or energy on a woman that I'm not interested in and that isn't interested in me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes. There are many many mixed gender friend groups.

• Chad⚡️
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

@The Asker - Unblock me. I dont f1cking know you and that I am aware of, I have never insulted you or anything.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I honestly have no reason to get to know a woman unless I'm interested in her. I think most men have the same mindset on the matter regardless of what they might tell you.

• 4 weeks ago

Not sure. I was friends with a guy and fell in love with him. I've had male friends in the past but with one we did flirt. Another was gay, so there was that. I honestly feel that there is generally some sort of unspoken sexual tension unless one of you is gay. 

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, of course they can.

• Yes.Ofcourse a man and a woman can be friends without romantic or sexual feelings towards each other...

• 4 weeks ago

i dont see why not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.