? asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 3 weeks ago

Is it racist for white people to not be able to tell blacks or Muslim Arabs apart?

By white people do you mean Norwegians, Dutch, English, French, Russians or Poles?

Not being ABLE to distinguish between people CAN'T be racist.

Not CARING to do so may be based on racism.

Not really. Plenty has to do with a lack of interaction. Last year I was working and this lady ( dark black with a round face)came in the store with an issue. As the manager was struggling to connect, I saw an opening and asked if she was a ( I gave her a family name ) i’ll Call it Jones, but it was an uncommon name. Shocked, she asked why. I told her facial features reminded me of Walter. She cried and told me he had passed in ‘17 @ 81. I said I hadn’t heard and gave condolences. I heard the week after his funeral it was a heart attack. The lesson, call a Dr. if after 4 hours that thing doesn’t go down. Walker, a true hero in my eyes.

• The Football God
      3 weeks agoReport

Read slower.
      "Not really" was my answer to question as asked. Then I gave an example of me identifying a grand daughter by my recognition. I had never met her in dealing with her grandfather, only her mom and that was over 25 years ago.
      It was a viagra inspired heart attack @ 81 great personality.

Just the opposite. IF they cannot tell them apart, they cannot separate or discriminate them! 

What do you think of Italians?  They can be "white" as you slang it one day, go and lie in the sun for two whole days, then be as dark as their hair;   would you slang them as "black"?! 

No. It'd be racist for them to need to tell them apart.