Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 4 weeks ago

Could I ovulate 10 days late?

What is the latest I could ovulate? I have pretty regular cycles, 28-30 days, so I assume I ovulate regularly too.. so would it be likely that I could ovulate on day 26 of my cycle? Or is that really nothing to worry about?

• John P

It might be worrying if your periods get seriously irregular for a few months - in that case go and see a doctor. One instance is probably no big deal.

Past cycles predict your USUAL pattern.

You could have a CHANGE in that pattern AT ANY TIME and you wouldn't know it until it actually happened.

So - could you ovulate 10 days late - YES - you could.  

You should NEVER trust past patterns as a method of "birth control".  

• Suzy Q

If you have a regular 28-30 day cycle, you don't have to worry about possibly having ovulated on day 26 those past cycles. Getting your period on time confirms you didn't ovulate on day 26.

But THIS (or any future) cycle it is entirely possible to ovulate on day 26. If you do/did, you wouldn't get your period when expected, even if you weren't pregnant. Your period would be delayed by the same number of days your ovulation was. 

• helene

You could ovulate 10 weeks, months, or years late.

If you GOT your period, you realistically have nothing to worry about.

You can ovulate 24/7. Nearly 365 days a year. It is not a clock(work)

Peace.