Why isn’t there mouse flavored cat food?

I wanna know

Favorite Answer

Cats love to chew on mice, so why not feed them meals with delicious rodent flavoring?

lol good question but I think cats prefer chicken taste but catching mouses not the other way around.

Because only crappy pet owners who let their cats roam have cats that know the taste of mouse.

This is also an extremely stupid question that's asked at LEAST once a week. Do you seriously think harvesting mouse meat would be worthwhile as small as they are?

• PAMELA

Because cats could not care, all cat food tastes the same, a vet once told me that pet food companies make different "flavours" to make humans think that they are doing the best for their pet, you look on the ingredients say, of chicken flavoured cat food, it will sometimes have less then 3% chicken!

Cost is probably the biggest reason. It would be much more expensive to make a food with mice in it. If I fed whole prey mice to my cats it would cost over $250 a month for a single cat. Mice aint cheap.

• Nekkid Truth!

Cheaper if you breed them yourself

• Maxi

Because humans buy cat food and humans are not going to purchase 'mice ' cat food.... but will buy fish flavoured ( even with no fish actually in it) or beef, chicken, duck etc again many of these have none of those meats in it

• Angel

Same as there's no rat flavored, bird flavored, roadkill flavored. They pick what the majority of cats like to eat, they won't cost effectively produce indivudal flavored foods for cats or mwke make thirty different flavore of rodent, fish, Avery cat food.

If you would like mouse flavored food feel free to catch them, process them or feed them live to your cats, same with minnow flavored or sailfish flavored, canary or sparrow flavored etc.