Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

Is is ok to dress 60's style?

Feel very out of place, 2019 just feels so wierd and wrong, i grew up with my grandfather, he was a 1960's east london mod, he wore sharp suits, always looked smart, i want to do the same, but in 2019 it just wouldnt look right would it, i have his 1964 lamretta scooter, but others dont really think its cool in this day n age do they? Course i could go out and get a nice mohair suit and would look the part with my scooter probably to pensioners lol, i would much rather wear nice suits, harrington jackets, parkas etc, but surely id look well out of place? But it just feels like thats who i am, i listen to ska, the who, the kinks, small faces, and all of the music he had, my mum says to me "you cant go out in all that get up" but everything else just doesnt feel right..... i dont like 2019 music, i dont like the way people dress, ive found alot of other mods but they all seem like 1st class tickets to me!

Sure, Why you didn't do that a long time a go, everything was better than crap today.

I don't care about style.

Do as you like. If you were much older and preferred retro clothing, you’d appear ridiculous, but it’s fine. Clothing was finer in those days anyway.

• JJ

It is okay to wear clothes of the 1960's, though you may get odd looks from strangers.

Sure. I have a late 1960s "mod" USA  maxi length style dress!  

There was a time when year to year, season to season, all had to dress just right.  Since the mid 1990s it has been a everyone dress as they want life!

Yeah sure do whatever you want.