if a person is not gay and was abused by an adult why do they want to abuse kids?

• reme_1
    Best Answer

Some people are just plain sick.

People want to abuse kids because they are sick in the head - and the overwhelming percentage of them identify as straight (even the ones who sexually abuse boys).

It's a common for homophobes and religious fanatics to try to conflate homosexuality with pedophilia (and bestiality).

First I dont get the mention of gay in your question.

Did you know that 1 in 4 girls are subject to child abuse. I dont think that is gay men doing that.

As for why, I honestly cant provide a scientific reason as no one has worked it out.

I guess some may feel betrayed and so think if they had to put up with it, then so should others and so they repeat what has happend to them.

The level of paedophilia within the LGBT+ community is in line with that in society in general. Where you will see an increase in the levels of paedophilia is within authoritarian organisations, along with those in positions of power, and the wealthy.

Some do, most don't. I think more often than not the abuser made that suggestion, as simple as that. We really don't know how sex works. Or doesn't work.

What does being gay have to do with this? Anyone can be abused and abuse kids, doesn't matter if they're gay or straight. Maltreated children may grow up to be maltreating adults.

You assume, they all do, that is a false dichotomy. As not all of them do.

because theyre sick.....

You are suggesting that gay people want to abuse kids. Why? Gay people are no more likely to abuse children than straight people.

• patty
      1 month agoReport

I meant a straight man who gets abused by an adult then goes and abuses a young boy

Whether you're gay or not shouldn't enter into this question at all.

With that being said, people do what they think is "normal," so if somebody was abused as a child they often carry that behavior and repeat it as an adult.