My computer says I need to upgrade MacOS Catalina, is this a safe program?

• Chris

It's not a program, it's the latest version of Apple's operating system for Macintosh computers. You probably have MacOS High Sierra or Mojave; Catalina is version 10.15 and was released two weeks ago.

It's perfectly safe.

However: unless you want to use a program that requires Catalina (unlikely), don't upgrade yet. The first release of a major upgrade is usually full of bugs, and in the first weeks people who upgrade typically all want to go back to the previous release (but you can't). Wait at least a few weeks before upgrading.

No i don't know.

• George

Does your computer say it or does a random pop up message say it? If it's a random pop up it will likely lead you to malware or a phishing attack.

it's the latest version of mac os so it is safe as long as you do it through the mac app store but unless you have an application that needs it I would recommend not updating as you may have applications that don't work properly with the new os

• ..

Check out official updates, only via the Apple websites.

I've never heard of it so I'd say no