People with spinal cord injuries how do you live how do you keep going on?

People with spinal cord injuries how do you live how do you keep going on?  So I am 23 years old and I did a yoga pose which I shouldn’t of done because I did the pose wrong I struggle with depression and I’m trying to fix that and now I accidentally forced my head back to much while I was sitting up straight because I was doing a posture exercises next thing you know I felt something in my back and I couldn’t walk and fast forward three months later my doctor says it’s Myelopathy but I’m just like so overwhelmed because I already have Depression and now I have to deal with the spinal injury and I just already know it’s going to get worse so I’m just like why the **** should I even live like I’m so stressed out I just can’t do it anymore 🥺😔

How you keep going is by stop "poor old me" and learn all you can about your condition and how to elevate it with physical therapy and pain control.  You are out running around in a car which requires many turns and twist of the back so my opinion is this is not near as severe as you present it to be.

When a Doctor says you have no options tell them to go to hell and find another doctor.  I was given a diagnosis of 6 months to live, if that, so I should go home and get my affairs in order.  I popped up out the chair and said fu ck you and walked out the door, that was 22 years ago.

What I am trying to say is part of recovery or getting on with life is all about your attitude and someone saying that is impossible and you proving them wrong!

• 1. Get a second opinion.

2. Understand my,elopathy better. You have a serious disorder, but not as serious as you seem to believe.

3. Explore treatment options. There are maNy, though no cures.

I experienced a severe compression fracture of my 4:5:6 lumbar vertebrae whenI was 30. I became a walking paraplegic - no paralysis, but severe pain. i eventually got spinal stenosis and arthritis. My balance was severely compromised and eventually lost the ability to walk and stand.

I raised a child, have a solud 20 year relationship, ran a bookstore, got two graduate degrees, ran a city ADA compliance dept, bought a home, made it fully accessible, have published multiple academic papers, and so much more from a wheelchair, experiencing chronic pain and periodic depression. Your life has changed. It is not over. You may need to revise your life plan, but you are young and you have endless options.

After you get medically sorted, go to your state rehabilitation department. Learn about what you can do best, and get familiar with assistive technology and accommodations. Get more education so more options are available to you.

Dont isolate yourself. School is great for forcing a routine with social outlets. Find support groups. Get a job with little stress. Put yourself out there and live.

Good luck.

contact the chris reeve foundation....

is it your neck or back? do you have good use of your arms? that helps. what do the docs say about recovery?

many people with paralysis live full and active lives...spouses, children, jobs, sports...

• Tony

You have a sore neck. Get a grip you whining, self-centered moron.

• It is more than a sore neck, unless misdiagnosed but it is unlikely as serious as he believes at this stage