Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Green Bean Casserole alternative. If you blended raw eggs to the typical green bean casserole with cream of mushroom soup and milk,?

And then bake it, will it come out tasty, and perhaps creamy? If not, how will it come out? I don't it to come out with bits of scrambled eggs or hard boiled eggs in the casserole. Of course, this can apply to other casseroles also. Thanks.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Gert
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can use the eggs, but mix them with milk. Then, pour over the veggies for a custard-like result.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm just not sure why you would. Its creamy because of the CREAM of mushroom soup and milk..... personally I add sour cream to it as well

• 4 weeks ago

does adding eggs to cakes make them "come out tasty, and perhaps creamy"?

if you add beaten eggs to the soup and milk, your casserole will set up like a quiche. You won't taste anything different and it may not be creamy..

• 4 weeks ago

You could add eggs if you were to make your own white sauce and incorporate the eggs into the white sauce. This is a basic Greek Bechamel sauce. Very common with some of the Greek Casserole dishes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

nope.

the eggs will stiffen and in effect scramble.

Why add eggs? Its pretty creamy with the cream of mushroom soup. If you want it richer and creamier, use cream instead of milk.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I wished you'd get a new hobby.   Your contrived questions are getting very annoying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.