Ford fiesta lx 1.25 3dr 2003. Struggling uphill. Changed air filter,fuel filter,spark plugs, cleaned map sensor. Got better struggling again?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

There's an oval shaped blue symbol with a 4 letter word on it on the hood, and on the back of it. They circled the problem. 

• 3 weeks ago

cleaning map sensor isn't always successful.  ideally have a diagnostic check run even a faulty ego sensor can affect mapping and power etc . any decent garage or certainly a main dealer. ought to be able to pinpoint exactly what is going wrong but bear in mind we may have more than one issue. so far you have carried out correct changes to try and ensure decent engine operation but this fault needs deeper investigation. 

• chelle a2 weeks agoReport

Mechanic said new ht leads and coil......... Didn't work, I have since found a large split in a rubber pipe located on the bottom left of throttle valve which I think is a vacuum pipe, taking it for a new one tomorrow.

• 3 weeks ago

are you using the correct octane fuel?

• George
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Check the timing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Check exhaust back pressure.

• 4 weeks ago

Could be several things, though I agree most likely fuelling problems or an injector issue. Yes, you could try an injector cleaner and give it an "Italian tune-up", i.e. thrash it hard. Someone once said "Drive it like you stole it." That can blow the cobwebs out.

• chelle a3 weeks agoReport

Thanks tried redline complete system cleaner but shes back to being a typical female :)

• 4 weeks ago

Sounds like fuel starvation or a faulty injector. Try some Red X injector cleaner with petrol and see if it gets better after a good run.

• chelle a3 weeks agoReport

Think i will be looking at fuel injectors had been using redex prior and during problems ,thank you :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.