What is the Normal Temperature of i7 3770? my 3770 is going up to 85 degrees while playing games.. is it ok..?

Still fine even at that temperature. But, my suggestion is that you need a better CPU cooler for longer CPU life

Yes and NO. 85c isn't an ideal temp while playing games, but these CPU's will fully function at 85c. 105c is the TJ Max. PC games don't stress the CPU as much as some of these rendering or video editing programs. So you would most likely throttle the i7-3770 if you tried something that's more taxing. While gaming 50c-75c is a more ideal temperature. You can get by with those temps but it would be a good idea to address the issue.

There are 4 reasons why your CPU temps are a bit higher than they should be.

-The CPU cooler isn't working like it should or it's not efficient.

-The case is a hotbox due to improper air-flow.

-The thermal compound between the Heatsink/CPU cooler and IHS has degraded.

-The thermal compound between the IHS and Silicon Die had degraded.

(The IHS/Heatspreader is the Nickel Coated copper shield that sits on top of the CPU package.)

(If you're using a namebrand HP, Acer, Dell, Lenovo PC that is housed in a standard mATX case with a single fan, top mounted Power Supply, and a Graphics card..... then high temps are to be expected. These cases are not good at dissipating heat.)

I had a 3770 and I still have a PC with an i7-3770k which I delidded.

These can be a mixed bag because Intel started using Thermal compound between the Heatspreader (IHS) and the CPU die on the 3rd to 8th Generation mainstream processors. This is not the thermal compound between the heatsink/cooler and the Heatspreader (IHS), but a 2nd layer. Intel uses or used Solder in other processors such as the 9th Gen, 2nd Gen, 1st Gen and most of the HEDT processors.

Thermal compound does degrade over time and use. The 3770k and 3770 I used had no issues with this hard to reach thermal compound but I have a newer i7-4790k which did have issues until I delidded that CPU.

Start small by checking the airflow inside of the case, possibly adding a fan or 2 if needed, and replace the Thermal compound between the Heatsink/CPU cooler and the IHS. If this doesn't help and you're using the stock cooler then you can upgrade the CPU cooler. If an upgraded CPU cooler and all the other methods hasn't helped then it's most likely the paste between the Silicon and IHS.

Arctic Sliver 5 or Arctic MX-4 are relatively cheap ($5-$7 for a 3.5g tube) and these work well. They perform with a degree or two of the "Elite Compounds" like Kryonaut, NT-H2, and GC-Extreme which cost $15-20 for the same sized 3.5g-4g tube.

The processor can go up to 105 degrees celcius so the temps you have are ok. Perhaps you should try to improve the cooling of your system so the chip runs cooler.

it will turn itself off if temperature becomes dangerous -- which is about 95. AND, you'd maybe want to get a better cpu cooler

• Bill-M

Your OK. That is the normal operating temp.

The Intel Core i7-4765T and i7-920 CPUs both have maximum operating temperatures of 66 and 68 degrees Celsius, respectively (150 and 154 Fahrenheit). Both processors operate between 36 and 38 degrees Celsius (97 and 100 Fahrenheit) at idle and 56 and 58 degrees Celsius (132 and 136 Fahrenheit) working at full load.