Can RFID chips be damaged by LED light bulbs?

So, I’m going go Galaxy’s Edge at Disney World this upcoming May. I got a lightsaber crystal ahead of time. For those of you who do not know, you can create lightsabers there that require a “kyber crystal” to determine the color of the blade. This is so to an RFID chip within the “crystal”. So that I do not lose it, I had it hung from the light in my room for a couple of days before thinking that heat from a bulb might damage it. I just now noticed that I have LED bulbs which do not produce a lot of heat. Still, I’m wondering if that amount of heat from one of those bulbs could damage it if it were proximity. I know that some heat can, but I’m not sure if it applies LED bulbs.

Nope...........................................

No, they can not.

So, I’m going go Galaxy’s Edge at Disney World this upcoming May. I got a lightsaber crystal ahead of time. For those of you who do not know, you can create lightsabers there that require a “kyber crystal” to determine the color of the blade. This is so to an RFID chip within the “crystal”. So that I do not lose it, I had it hung from the light in... show more

It should not have any effect at all.

Any general electronics should be fine up to at least 70'C while turned off. The actual semiconductor devices can stand 200'C for short periods.

• J4 weeks agoReport

So as a follow-up question, how much time would be a short period?