t asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 3 weeks ago

TFCC Tear? Whats your opinion? ?

So i had injured my wrist back in mid August, he said it was a contusion, i was have some wrist pain still after 3 weeks so he sent me for an MRI, didn't get in till almost mid September. On the 24th the results came back as “IMPRESSION:

1. Contrast seen within the distal radioulnar joint without frank discontinuity of TFCC seen. However, given the presence of contrast, tear is suspected” I’m not sure what all that means, I understand the there is tear, because my doctor is sending me to a hand surgeon with an “AMB referral to hand surgery” 

I keep looking up symptoms thinking its not possible I actually have a tear. I do over use my hands quite often for work, but i dont have constant pain, its not swollen, i have a decent range of motion in my wrist, when i make a fist and try to to make circles with my wrist i do hear a small popping noise and my wrist does get tired and sore pretty quick, and when i touch it it doesn’t hurt, when i press down with a little more pressure it does kinda give me a dull pain. 

What do you guys think the doctor could say?  Nervous because before my doctor said “if you have tear you will need to get surgery at your age (24yrs) 

The crucial fact is "tear is suspected". An MRI is often a better diagnostic tool than an X-ray.

My advice: Get your doctor to refer you to an orthopedic surgeon specializing in conditions of the wrist and hand. Ask for detailed information from that doctor.

You may want to consider changing your line of work to something that does not overstrain your wrist joint.

• t3 weeks agoReport

Right, i had an XRAY and MRI and the MRI said tear is suspected. It was an orthopedic surgeon who sent me for the mri as well. but that specific doctor does not treat these tears. So he is sending me to another. But my conncern was me not havin all the symptoms all the time