Jim asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Does regular travel between lower and higher elevation have physiological effects?

I'm curious what effect regularly alternating between high elevations and low elevations might have on the human body in the long term, and short term.

I live in a Portland, a low elevation city, and drive (occasionally fly) to various locations with higher elevations for 8 days at a time.

So that every year I spend half of my time at an average of 50-200 ft of elevation and the other half of my time at an average of 4000 ft of elevation.  This has been going on for 4-5 years.

I would like to read studies that have been conducted on the topic in order to see what effects this type of lifestyle might, or might not, have on me and also to perhaps contribute to such a study.  But I don't know how to find these types of studies.  Personal knowledge of the subject would be greatly appreciated aswell and it would help my search to hear some relevant terminology.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.